Archive for Cats

Easter is nearly here. (Be careful with your chocolate)

Dogs have an excellent sense of smell, making it fairly easy for them to find any secret stash you may have.

Chocolate is derived from the roasted seeds of Theobroma cacao, which contains certain properties that can be toxic to animals: caffeine and theobromine. If ingested, these two ingredients can also lead to various medical complications and may even prove fatal for your dog.

Symptoms may include Vomiting and diarrhoea, Increased body temperature and reflex responses, rapid breathing and increased heart rate, Seizures.

Advanced signs are seizures, cardiac failure and coma.

The amount and type of chocolate ingested is also important, as there the types of chocolate ingested. Dark chocolate being the worst type to ingest.

If you think your dog has eaten chocolate in any form, please don’t hesitate to ring your vet and get your dog into the practice as soon as possible.

 

 

25,000 clients and counting

Our practice is proud to announce we have just had our 25,000 client resister with us recently. We welcome Dave and Jean Appleton and their beautiful golden retrievers Skye and Tara as well as 3 their gorgeous cats Lani, Squirt and Tuppy.

 

We are proud of our ongoing service to the Bunbury and surrounding community and hope to continue to grow and provide excellent client and patient care to all our friends.

Snake season is here

With the long period of wet weather looking to be over, we have seen a number snake bites already . With the warmer weather, snakes will be more active and will be looking for food after the winter months. It is difficult to be sure, but snakes may have more venom available early in the season , but really, any snake venom entering the body if likely to cause major illness, so it is important to get your companion medical attention quickly if you think they have been bitten.

Snail Pellets

snailThe snails are out and about again….There are no “pet safe” snail pellets! NEVER use them if you have pets. They cause shaking, fitting, salivation and diarrhea, among other signs, and can easily kill a dog or cat. If your pet is affected, seek veterinary attention immediately.  Phone 9795 8080

PUPPY LOVE

Basset Puppies 004editedseven Chihuahua pupsWow how they have grown…  (click to see them now) These adorable Bassett Hound puppies came to visit today for their final vaccination and health check. They are now 13kg bundles of joy.